Every woman wants to feel beautiful from top to bottom, and having the right combinations of hair and further so, makeup can achieve this. Everyone’s version of beauty isn’t exactly, but when we as women feel confident in our look, we can’t be more beautiful then that. Unfortunately some of us are making mistakes that are preventing us from reaching that “I feel like a million bucks” feeling. Here are some tips to keep in mind when getting that perfect face of make up on, after you have gotten your hair done at Shag!
- Concealer is a must for most, but are you applying it right? Does it go on before or after your foundation? For most concealer is applied first, but if it works better in some cases to apply it after, do what works best for you. If you do apply it after don’t forget to blend! Other things to remain conscious of is never concentrating too much in one area. Layer concealer on in thin even layers, for a more flawless look. Too much concealer in one area causes discoloration, and uneven skin tone. Also, no concealer is created equal! Make sure you have the correct concealer for the job, some have managed to get by using the same concealer for everything. For those who can’t do this i.e. all of us, remember green concealer covers red spots like pimples, and yellow concealer covers purple areas like under the eyes.
- When it comes to bronzer, some ladies can get a little bronzer happy, and look like the next girl auditioning to be in the cast of the next season of jersey shore. Some of us were lucky enough to be told growing up, less is more; in this case this advice is right. Bronzer should be placed where the sun hits naturally. This would be the outer edge of your face, like the jawline, cheekbones, and forehead.
- In the Texas heat we are all very aware how easy it can be to sweat all that beautiful makeup we applied. If your skin is oily and the Texas sun only makes it worse, avoid shimmery products. Matte products work best with oily skin, they prevent any excess shine, shimmery or glittery products can be over whelming on oily skin when applied to the eyes or under eyes.
- Eyebrows seem to be a case of choosing a side to battle, one side drawing on ridiculous eyebrows or, one side
not choosing to or not needing to. My best advice is to never trust anyone with bad eyebrows; they have no clue about life. My next advice, is invest in a good angled brush, a brow pencil, and some brow powder. Remember less is more, especially in this case. Here is a great example of how to create natural flawless brows.
- Blending tends to be the downfall of all makeup applications. Lip liner seems to be among the blending problem. Harsh defining lines are not in any way going to help anyone achieve a natural look. After outlining your lips, make sure to take your finger or some kind of blending applicator, and soften that line. Then be sure to apply a lipstick that is either the same color or slightly darker than the lip liner that was applied. Please do not forget to blend!
The most important thing is to remember that your goal should always be to enhance your natural features. Changing your look, or distorting your look, can lead to either a beauty blunder or an amazing trend setting look. If you are aiming for the latter, educated your self in basic beauty knowledge. We don’t all need face altering makeup to beautiful, but if you choose to wear makeup don’t fall to the basic makeup mistakes.